If you regularly use Github and watch others profile, you might have noticed, that some people have some Attractive stats, tools logos in their profiles. So through this post, I am going to share some cool stuff for your Github profile with you.
So basically this is easy but you probably would not find it on your own. for this you need to create a simple Github repository
- Name the repository with your Github username like in my case :
- As soon as you type it in, you will see a message like this:
You found a secret! codewithgauri/codewithgauri is a ✨special ✨ repository that you can use to add a README.md to your GitHub profile. Make sure it’s public and initialize it with a README to get started.
- Click on Public and initialize this repository with README file.
Editing the README.md file
Now after creating the repository now it’s time to create some cool stuff for profile by editing this README.md file
- Now go to this awesome website Github Profile README generator
- Now fill in the appropriate details also add your Github repository links.
Feature Your Skills
You can also select your respective skillsets to feature them in your profile.
After all of these click Generate README and you will get something like this
- Click on the Download markdown option and Open that Readme.md file in Vscode or you can also use some Online editor like dillinger.io, Meditor.md etc.
And you will see something like this:
Showcase Your Repo stats
Now we have an amazing tool for you GitHub Readme Stats is a tool that allows you to generate real-time GitHub stats for your contributions and repositories. Sounds pretty cool Nah?
- For this open GitHub Readme Stats and scroll down to Themes.
- And copy the following code, And replace USERNAME with your GitHub username in order to scrap the stats.
![NAME github stats]( )
Also you can choose your favourite theme by replacing. theme=radical
Now Push this file to that repository or just simply copy-paste this code to Github Readme.md
Your Profile should now be looking like this.
HURRAY kudos to you!! have done something awesome. For demo you can check my Github profile here.